GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please read the below General Terms and Conditions carefully in which Institute of Chemical Process Fundamentals informs people registering for the Conference (hereafter: Participant) about the general terms and conditions of the contract concluded between the two parties.
BY CLICKING ON THE ’I ACCEPT’ THE GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITONS BUTTON, PARTICIPANT STATES THAT THEY ACCEPT THE BELOW CONTRACTUAL CONDITIONS.
Contract concluded between Institute of Chemical Process Fundamentals and Participant
- The contract between Institute of Chemical Process Fundamentals and Participant enters into force on voluntary registration of Participant and their acceptance of the General Terms and Conditions and the contract is considered as an electronic written contract. The application sends a confirmation enlisting the most important features of the conference to the e-mail address shared by Participant. The confirmation is recorded and stored. No other archiving will be undertaken. Language of the contract is Czech in case of Czech participants and English in case of foreign participants.
- As per the contract concluded between Institute of Chemical Process Fundamentals and Participant, Institute of Chemical Process Fundamentals delivers Participant the services related to the conference indicated by Participant and Participant pays the participation fee, the consideration to Institute of Chemical Process Fundamentals specified on the homepage of the conference, in a direct e-mail sent to Participant or announced on premises of the conference for the services delivered.
- Content of the services delivered by Institute of Chemical Process Fundamentals about the individual conferences is detailed in the information featuring on the homepages of the individual conferences of which services Participant may voluntarily choose the ones they need with help of the application. The homepage of the conference also includes the conditions for termination; you are kindly requested to read them carefully. Let us call your attention to the fact that the services ordered through the application, their consideration as well as the most important conditions found on the homepage of the conference (e.g., conditions for termination), further, the order placed by Participant and its confirmation make part of the present General Terms and Conditions and are thus part of the electronic contract too. Let us further warn you that conditions for termination may vary from generally accepted practice.
- Institute of Chemical Process Fundamentals makes use of subcontractors for delivering its services. Its services may be inclusive of mediated services. Mediated services are shown on the final invoice.
- Payment is possible only by bank transfer. After submitting the registration form a pro forma invoice is generated. Items to be paid are included in the pro forma invoice. Once paid, Institute of Chemical Process Fundamentals establishes a prepayment invoice to Participant that is considered a document subject to strict accounting. The final invoice of Participant is handed over to them during the conference, unless Participant orders it otherwise. Such final invoice shall always include the measure of mediated services used.
- Participant is entitled to cancelling or terminating the contract as per the cancellation/termination clauses featuring on the homepage of the conference.
- The contract concluded between Institute of Chemical Process Fundamentals and Participant as per the above comes into being for a definite period of time, up to the point of delivering the service/consideration specified in the present contract (end of the conference). Contracting parties may amend the contract by mutual consent in writing (e-mail and its confirmation) at any time.
- By accepting the General Terms and Conditions, Participant gives their consent to making video and voice recordings or photos not infringing upon their rights to privacy and to making such recordings or photos public with the exclusive purpose of making the conference more popular and known. Should Participant not want to have pictures made of them, they may note it during registration. Institute of Chemical Process Fundamentals will make its best to honour such requests, thus such Participants may be distinguished by a separately coloured name tag. In spite of all such measures, it is still possible that a recording or photo is made public – in such cases, on a request sent to organizers by e-mail, Institute of Chemical Process Fundamentals will immediately remove them.
- Institute of Chemical Process Fundamentals may terminate the contract if Participant does not honour their contractual obligations even after notice and setting of a supplementing deadline of if they seriously breach an important condition of the contract.
- Cases of faulty service delivery are otherwise governed by precepts of the Civil Code of Czech Perublic (with special respect to the fact that Institute of Chemical Process Fundamentals is primarily obliged to correct delivery, whereas Participant is obliged to immediately report such fault to Institute of Chemical Process Fundamentals on premises of the conference). Institute of Chemical Process Fundamentals will only assume liability for damages occurring due to causes attributable to it and proven and the maximum amount of compensation shall be the participation fee announced for the participants of the conference.
- Matters not regulated in individual contracts between parties shall be governed by the present General Terms and Conditions. Institute of Chemical Process Fundamentals did not subject itself to any code of conduct.
- Matters not regulated in the present contract shall be governed by Czech law, primarily by the Civil Code and other Czech legal regulations in effect. In case of a legal dispute, the case shall be heard by the Czech court having jurisdiction and competence on basis of the general rules of the Code of Civil Procedure.
Dated at Prague, on November 1, 2018
Company name: Institute of Chemical Process Fundamentals of the CAS, v. v. i..
Reg. No.: 67985858
VAT No.: CZ67985858
Address: Rozvojová 135, 165 00, Prague 5, Czech Republic
Phone: +420 220 390 286